Speak Teens is looking for two House Parents and one Welfare Coordinator for its 2019 Summer Camps:
• English Adventure in Trentino (18th June to 8th July) (2 HPs)
• English Discovery in Emilia-Romagna (16th July - 23rd August) (1 WC)
Speak Teens Summer Camps bring together English language learners and native English-speaking teens (our ‘Anglos’) from all over the world for a diverse and innovative English language immersion programme in the heart of Italy.
The welfare of all Teens (English Learners and Anglos) is our main priority during the summer and applicants will therefore need to be highly attentive and well-organised in their approach to welfare issues. This is a demanding, yet highly rewarding role.
• Assume overall responsibility for the welfare of all Teens;
• Take a lead on Welfare and medical issues;
• Be prepared to lead, supervise or assist with afternoon and evening activity sessions when required;
• Welcome Teens and parents arriving at the Camp;
• Be on duty during all designated meal and break times ensuring appropriate standards of Teen behavior and supervising Teen welfare at all times;
• Address Teen behavioral issues in a professional and empathic manner when necessary;
Although these roles do not involve the teaching of English language lessons, we do expect them to be able to communicate effectively with our English Learners.
We welcome applications from candidates with experience in working with children in a residential context and those who have completed a First Aid course within the last year. We also require candidates to have a native level of competence in English and, ideally, have a working knowledge of Italian.
• Highly competitive salary
• Full board and accommodation provided
Interested candidates should apply by email to Rustin Schutte (Camp Director): email@example.com
Due to interest levels in these positions, only applicants successful for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.