Other Italians among the Barcelona injured.
A 35-year-old resident of Milan’s northern Legnano suburb was among the 13 people killed in Thursday’s terrorist attack in Barcelona.
Bruno Gulotta, marketing manager at the online technological sales site “Tom’s Hardware”, was strolling on the popular tourist street Las Ramblas with his wife Martina, 28, and children Aria, 7 months, and Alessandro, 5 years, when he was struck by the white Fiat van.
Colleagues learning of the attack tried to phone Bruno, but at first there was no answer. They told media that some time later his wife answered his phone with the shocking news. She had been carrying her daughter in a “marsupial” baby carrier, and had had just time to snatch her son Alessandro, walking ahead with his father, as the van smashed into the crowd. Bruno was among the first to be hit.
The Italian foreign ministry reports that one other Italian was killed, but as we go online the identity has not been released. Three Italians were also among the more than 100 injured, but two have already been released from hospital and the third is said not to be in grave danger.