The historic jewellery house Van Cleef & Arpels opens a shop in the chic Montenapoleone area of Milan in Via Pietro Verri 10 on 24 June. It is the first Van Cleef retail outlet in Italy.
The Paris-based jewellers, which first opened for business in Place Vendome in 1906, will also be launching more shops in China, where it already has four, as well as presenting four new jewellery collections and a new perfume before the end of the year.
The famous jewellery house has a tradition of investing in times of crisis, just when other companies are cutting commitments. It produced a new jewellery line in 1929 and opened its first store in New York at the outbreak of world war two.
Founded in 1896 by the Dutch couple Estelle Arpels and Alfred Van Cleef it now forms part of the Richemont group, along with other luxury brands Cartier, Piaget and Baume Mercier.