8 November 2012-17 February 2013. This retrospective, entitled Angiolo D'Andrea: The Rediscovery of a Master between Symbolism and 20th century, examines the work of Angiolo D’Andrea, illustrator and artist (1880-1942) in Milan in the first decades of the 20th century.
On display are about 140 works, such as paintings, drawings on wood, watercolours of historical places around Milan and architectural decorations, created between 1900 and 1938. In the early 1920s D’Andrea designed the famous mosaics, which decorate the Camparino-Zucca bar inside the Vittorio Emanuele Gallery, and in 1938 he created two windows for the new Niguarda Hospital of Milan.
The exhibition focuses on the formal, aesthetical and poetic value of the work of this less known, versatile artist. D’Andrea´s works, which currently belong to D’Andrea´s private family collection as well as to the Bracco Foundation, left a deep mark on Milanese and Lombard painting and architecture.