Recent years have been marked by an increasing consumers' awareness about their role in making "green choices" to guarantee a sustainable growth of the planet. In Italy as well as worldwide, the quest for products and services that combine quality and innovation with respect for people and the environment is gaining more and more attention. Since its launch in 2004, Fa' la cosa giusta! has aimed at matching demand and supply, and today it is widely recognised as the national benchmark for conscious consumption and sustainable lifestyles.
THE EXHIBITION PATH
Fa' la cosa giusta! is composed by 11 thematic sections:
ORGANIC FOOD: biological and biodynamic products; food sovereignty and nutrition policies; preservation of biodiversity; environmental impact of packaging and waste;
GREENBUILDING: design and building solutions; renewable energies; co-housing; recycling and reusing
KIDS PLANET: green products and services, from birth to childhood
NATURAL AND BIOLOGICAL COSMETICS: beauty, health and the environment: from makeup to personal hygiene, the sustainable choices for all family members
CRITICAL FASHION: a showcase of young and independent brands, environmentally safe and with high standards of quality
FAIR TRADE: cooperatives, associations, import centres and shops
LITERATURE AND BOOKS: communication, culture and information; online resources, newspapers, publishers, companies involved in production and distribution of cultural products.
SUSTAINABILITY SERVICES: solidal insurances, ethical investments, corporate responsibility
PEACE AND PARTICIPATION: NGOs and charities, local institutions and trade unions, consumer associations
RESPONSIBLE TOURISM: environmental preservation, cultural heritage, international cooperation, slow routes, accessible destinations for disabled people, green opportunities for school trips
SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY ("VIAGGIARE LEGGERI", focus section 2013!): all the provisions and products for minimising the economic and environmental costs of urban mobility: car pooling, bike sharing, hybrid vehicles...
MORE THAN AN EXHIBITION
Besides the over 600 stands hosted by the different thematic sections, Fa' la cosa giusta! is a 3-day multifaceted event:
- a calendar of conferences, lectures, round tables, seminars, on all topics related to green economy and culture
- practical laboratories and workshops for adults and children (food and wine tasting, cooking, gardening...)
- art and photo exhibitions
- entertainment: concerts, street art, performances, clowning, relax areas
- food and conviviality: restaurant and catering areas with a choice of menus for every tastes (vegan, vegetarian, organic, local products)
- Volunteers: people of different ages, origins and backgrounds, coming from Italy (and some from abroad), they truly are "the heartbeat"of the event!
- School programme: students from primary to undergraduate have free access to the fair; classes are guided throughout the exhibition paths with dedicated activities and workshops
- Certificated as "Family friendly": a reward for events that are minded about the youngest visitors and meet family needs in an innovative and creative way
- Zero impact: offset of CO2 emissions; separate waste collection area; reused or recycled raw materials
- Socially responsible financial and insurance services (Banca Etica, Consorzio Assicurativo Etico e Solidale) and service outsourcing
Visiting hours : March 15 & 16: 9 – 21; March 17: 10-20